It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Monday 12th September



badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date and is a great chance to interact and of course to add to your TBR list (because it's never long enough!). 







Okay - So I failed to do one weekly round-up last week but I'm home now and in a much better place blogging-wise!

This has been a really strange reading week for me - I've just been struggling to get into anything and having received Empire of Storms on pre-order I really thought I would just dive into that and only come up for air at the end! I've actually kind of put that one on hold pending a re-read of the entire series because I think that's just what I need to enjoy it as much as I possibly can, so Throne of Glass here I come!

This week has mainly consisted of me getting a few snatches of reading time where I read Outlander and spending a LOT of time watching the US Open. It also hasn't helped that whatever spare time I've had in the daylight hours has been devoted to my daughter's new pony and horse riding.


What I read:

Here's my "read" shelf for the past two weeks:

236534693142611627272506

All of these reviews are done and posted so at least I managed to stay up to date somewhat! Even if the reading has been slow.

My favourite by far was the Amanda Bouchet - I loved this new Epic Fantasy world and even though this was categorised as an Adult Fantasy I think it would easily suit a New Adult or mature Young Adult reader. A really good read.

The Glittering Court was a bit of a disappointment after seeing Mead and Fantasy on the same novel I expected something completely different.

What I am currently reading:

My current reads shelf looks like this:

282605871295462010964

But Empire of Storms is being placed on hold while I first get through:

7896527171671662061347018006496

Up next:

In the midst of this I also need to get through some more ARCs that I have committed to for September!

25500656214216092229682229933704

Thank goodness the US Open is finished now and I'll hopefully have some more time to bury my nose in a book!

How does your round-up look this week? What are you reading?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »