Weekly Round Up #8



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge




You guys! Life has been so incredibly BUSY lately. End of year madness and all. I've been dropping the blogging ball a little more than normal and I'm sorry about how long it's taking me to get back to replying and visiting all your blogs.

I'm actually thrilled that 2016 is drawing to a close - it hasn't been the greatest of years but at the same time there's been so many good new developments for us so I can't really complain. 

2016 has seen the start of our construction of a new 'one day' house for our family. It's in a different city to where we are living now but it's also closer to where we want to send the LO to school, so we'll slowly be spending more and more time there as the years go by and the house is really turning out better than I could have dreamed so I'm excited about that. 

This last half of the year has also seen me getting back into horses since my DD is absolutely OBSESSED with them. Along with her pony we have 2 horses for me and a horse for BFF so we have 3 big horses and the pony.




I finally got off my butt and started gym again this past week. It's been..... HORRIFIC good. I almost died, but it's been mostly good. Now just to keep it up.

I was also in the middle of writing a new discussion post last week and while playing with graphics I decided I just had to redesign my entire blog, from the header down. And so there you have it - a brighter and more contemporary home for my bookish ramblings.

Other than that I've also got a guest post coming up this week and in honour of #NaNoWriMo it's about research and writing. I hope you'll find it interesting. 

What I read last week:



Empire of Storms31134210


Empire of Storms: EPICness. I love SJ Maas and she is very firmly cemented as one of my favourite YA fantasy authors. 2017 may ruin me because it's the end of the Throne of Glass series AND the Court of Thorns and Roses series, although ACOTAR is continuing on in one way or another with a further three books - companion novels? Spin off series? Continuation? I don't care - at least I'll get me some of my current favourite addiction. :)

Frost Blood: You know - this book is visually stunning. I adore the cover, I love all the graphics this book has on it's actual pages. Unfortunately I can only give this one three stars... More on that in my review coming up soon.

What I am currently reading:

CinderEver The Hunted

Unfortunately - #BOOKHANGOVER. Thanks SJ Maas! Luckily I have some good reads to help me out of the slump. 

Up Next:

Caraval

Yay yay yay! This is finally up on my 'next to read' list! Can't wait!


New Arrivals:


Finally a week where I managed to follow my 'no requests' rule! I hovered over that request button for a while last week but I managed to resist. Probably only because the release date too close and I already have ARCs that I need to get done in that time. 




And that's my week! How did yours go? 

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »