Weekly Round Up #9



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge



Firstly, I have to take a moment to rave about something I'm super excited about - the official trailer was just released last week! 


Again, this week has been busy - just gearing up for the silly season I suppose. We have family coming in this week that we won't be able to spend Christmas with so while they are here we will be doing our Christmas with them and we're actually going away for a weekend (queue blogger panic stations - will I actually be able to schedule my posts ahead???), and then it will be December and we'll be really headed for Christmas! 

What I read last week:


Ever The Hunted

Ever the Hunted - I'm conflicted about this one. For the most part I really enjoyed the book but I hated the ending and it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

What I am currently reading:

CinderCaraval26210840

I'm buddy reading Cinder with a good friend and we both read multiple books at once so we're setting weekly goals and having chats about what we're reading (it's like our own mini book club!). The story has really drawn me in though so I'm struggling to pace myself and not just devour the whole book in one sitting. 

Caraval has been great so far - although I'm not very far in. 

Teagan of Tomorrow - slightly different to the rest of the series so far but still enjoyable and sweet. 

Up Next:

Edge of Everything

This one has me excited. Don't be fooled by the cover folks, this is not (just) a YA Contemporary! It's a Paranormal Fantasy Mystery Thriller and I've seen good things about it. I haven't read any of the reviews yet because I don't want to go into this with any preconceptions, but I'm seeing a few higher starred ratings! 


New Arrivals:

No new ARCs! Yay me! I have been so disciplined to manage two weeks of no requests in a row! And my ARC pile is finally looking like I might actually get through my commitments for the year. If I am still looking good next week I shall go and reward myself by getting click happy on 2017 titles!

I did however get a few new (to me) books in this week that were my own borrowings/purchases. No actual commitments though.


1254951693000217564519

I am most excited about Walk on Earth A Stranger. I read Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns series and loved how things progressed with each book going from strength to strength and I've seen some great reviews for the first couple of books in the Gold Seer trilogy so that will probably be high on the TBR.



And that's my week! How did yours go? 

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »